The Eastern Ontario Shooting Club is a non-profit corporation that operates on CFO-approved shooting ranges, rented from the landowner.
- Facilities are for use by members and invited guests only.
- No range rentals or day passes are offered.
- No firearm rentals or ammunition for sale.
The facility is open 365 days a year, unless extraordinary circumstances require the range to be closed (ex: CFO inspections). If this occurs, members will be notified via the website News section.
The gate system will only allow entrance as of 8:30AM to ensure compliance with allowable shooting hours.
Shooting is permitted Monday to Sunday ONLY during the following hours:
- Centerfire & Black Powder Long Arms: 9AM to 6PM/dusk (whichever comes first)
- Handgun & Rimfire: 9AM to 8PM/dusk (whichever comes first)
Any changes to the above hours will be posted on the club’s Events Calendar and News section.
**Shooting outside of allowed hours is the # 1 reason ranges are shut down.**
Click here for detailed information on each range’s allowed calibers, approved firearms, ammunition restrictions, firing distances, etc…
- 200 yard Rifle range
- 7 multi-use ranges (handguns, rifles, and shotguns) up to 50 yards
- Ranges 7, 8, and 9 are covered with cement pads
- Range 6 is exclusive use for Cowboy Action Shooting
- 4 mini pistol bays (10 yards) – handguns only
There is space to park at each range. Visitors must park in the spaces provided at the entrance gate.
Other facilities/Things provided by the Club
The Sign-In shed is located just inside the gate. The logbook for visitor sign-in is located here as well as an additional badge scanner for use when multiple members arrive in the same vehicle.
- A no-frills Clubhouse is located between the pistol bays and range 9. There is a wood stove and some chairs available for member use.
- The Admin Office is located beside the clubhouse for use by the executive.
- Washrooms (Men’s and Women’s) with running water are located across from range 7. These are heated in the winter months. A porta-potty is also maintained between ranges 8 and 9.
- The Cardboard Shed is located between ranges 7 and 8. Members regularly donate clean cardboard to be used by other members. If the shed is full, please do not leave cardboard outside.
- Target stands and slats are also provided to the club and available at ranges 2-9. The pistol bays are equipped with a backboard that targets can be attached to. The rifle range is equipped with a bunker for mounting steel targets. Portable target stands are not permitted in the pistol bays or the rifle range. Members are responsible for bringing their own targets and ensuring they comply with the range use manual.
- Most ranges have tables and chairs which were donated by members. Please take care to keep these in good condition.
- Each range is supplied with a first aid kit, as legally required. If you are injured and require use of these first aid supplies, be sure to notify CRO@eosc.ca as soon as reasonably possible so they can be replenished.
Last updated: June 4th, 2023